You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘regia’ tag.

It’s been a stash-building couple of weeks. Last week, there was the green roving from the Ongoing Wish Swap (which I’m already halfway through spinning). Then, for my birthday, it was a fiber-pallooza! First, there was this wonderful handdyed green fingering weight:

Photobucket

(Unplanned Peacock Studios, Superwash Merino Fingering, Frog colorway, 100g)

It was a lovely birthday present from my good friends Jon and Sarah. (Thanks, you two!)

Then there was this GORGEOUS merino superwash roving from Fiber Optic on Etsy, from my fantastic, amazing boyfriend:

Photobucket

And THEN there was a new spindle! Whoo! Also from my fantastic boyfriend. : )

Photobucket
Photobucket

(Faux Jade whorl, .9 oz, from KnotMyDayJob on Etsy; yes I had to test it out.)

And then there were the Ravelry destashes. Let me give you a word of advice: Do NOT browse the destash board at two a.m. when you can’t sleep. It is BAD for your bank account. Exhibit A:

Photobucket

Crown Mountain Fiber Farm, In the Skies colorway, 8 oz.

Exibit B:

Photobucket

Regia Silk sock yarn.

Exibit C:

Photobucket

Five skeins of Knit Picks Palette.

So… yes. Stash-hance.

Photobucket

Pattern: None. Started with Broad Street from Knitty, but that come out huge, so I made up my own, fingers down.
Yarn: Regia 4-ply in color 2004
Needles: US 3/3.25 mm

Photobucket

So I have this pair of machine-knit glittens that I got from Kohl’s and I love them to death. But I, being a knitter, decided I must make my own fingerless gloves as a foray into fingering yarn that isn’t knitted on giant needles into lace. I’d had a million pairs of fingerless mitts, but I decided my new gloves must have fingers, and patterns for those are somewhat harder to find. I love how these came out though, once I figured out what the hell I was doing.

And the figuring out took some time. The first glove i made was too big in the hand (I didn’t decrease enough after the fingers), the thumb was in a weird place, and the cuff, which I made while following Broad Street and didn’t want to frog, was grafted to the hand of the glove. Except the stitch numbers were uneven, so there was random decreasing and whatnot.

The second glove was much better. The thumb was still in an odd place and the ribbing started a bit late, but it’s a good, sturdy glove.

The third glove has a proper thumb, fit snugly, and has late ribbing to match the second. I’ll be keeping the last two, and the first one was… destroyed. I didn’t frog it, really, because I still had a fair amount of yarn left after knitting the next two. I did, however, chop the cuff off of it in order to knit the fingers of the third one.

Photobucket

In other knitting news: Owls is done and pictures were taken, so look for that soon. I also started a new project (socks) and will be starting a new sweater soon. So stay tuned. : )