Sooo back in October, I apparently decided I had the time to do a test knit of a sweater knit in fingering yarn. Because why the hell not. Cut to several weeks (and several shark mittens) later and I’ve finally had the time to finish it up. And now I have a finished object that is also my first sweater of the year (cause of course I’m doing thatagain):

Photobucket

Pattern: Sort of Danish Summer but then I just made up the top as I went.
Yarn: Recycled cotton/wool/nylon
Needles: US 4/3.5mm and maybe 5/3.75mm?
Mods: Totally changed the top to what I felt like. I also added little sleeves.

Photobucket

Appreciate my sleeves here, people, because after I finished crocheted around each one, I had about a foot of yarn left. I’ve got more of the yarn, obviously (it came from a gigantic American Eagle sweater), but I didn’t want to wind a whole other skein for a couple yards. And I just made it. HELL YEAH.

Photobucket

I’m not sure how I feel about the bottom lace part. It sits kind of funny. It is, however, super comfy, so I suspect I’ll get a lot of wear out of it when the weather warms up again. Which will be nice, but I am enjoying some cozy sweaters. (But no snow because the weather hates me)

I do really love the cut of the front and the back though. I modeled it on the original pattern, I just didn’t follow the directions as given (I left out a twisty bit and finished all edges with single crochet).

Photobucket

The back isn’t as deep as it appears here, but it is way too cold to take a picture of a short-sleeved top on me. So Elizabeth II it is. Yay.

Advertisements