First thing’s first: Announcement! Etsy has finally allowed one-time shop name changes, which I took advantage of to overwrite the silly name I picked in high school. You can now find my Etsy store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchBrinnStitch. The old url will still redirect to the new one, so don’t worry about links (mine or yours).
Second thing: I won an award!
The person who awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award is Renee of Confessions of a Yarn Addict., who is completely delightful. Thank you!
By accepting the Versatile Blogger award, I have agreed to the following:
1. Thank the blogger who presented it to me and link back to their page.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass this award to some newly discovered blogs.
Alrighty then, seven things about myself (some of which you probably already know):
1. Having just recently graduated from college, I am unemployed and live with my parents. It is cheap but not always pleasant.
2. I love cats. LOVE. We have four here, two of which like to snuggle up on the bed. One of the others is outside most of the time and the last is usually in the living room, knocking things over so he can sleep where he wants.
3. My room has scary bugs, so I moved into my sister’s while she is at college. She will probably be upset at the changes when she gets home (YES, I did tell her).
4. If I had the space, time, and money, I’d do every craft. All of time. Glasswork, pottery, book-making, beading, quilting… I can’t think of a craft I don’t want to do. If it has a board on Craftster, I want to do it.
5. I suffer from depression (well controlled) and anxiety (working on controlling) as well as mild OCD. If you are suffering, GET HELP. I waited until my senior year of college and I shudder to think of all the things I could have done and been if I had gotten things together way earlier. Seriously, go to your local Community Services Board or Dept. of Health or non-profit hospital. You CAN afford it and you DO deserve the help.
6. I am a huge nerd. Which shouldn’t be a surprise. I love grammar and BSG and the Whedonverse and sci fi and biology and astronomy and comic book movies (and I would take up comics if I could afford it) and video games (when I can afford it, I want to buy a dedicated gaming tower. My MacBook can’t really run graphics-intense games and that makes me sad. I’ve never even played Portal! How sad it that?
7. I am completely (possibly weirdly so) obsessed with Rodney McKay from Stargate: Atlantis. Every time I think about it or see an actor from it elsewhere, I am utterly dejected all over again that it’s done and there really isn’t a movie coming. (Also, McShep. Yes.)
Okay! There’s seven things about me you probably already knew or didn’t want to know about me. Here are some blogs I’m awarding Versatile Blogger to.
1. Finny Knits In addition to having 101 hobbies (as she says), she is also completely hilarious. Um, also, she swears a lot (not that I care, but you might have sensitive eyes).
2. Wool and Cotton Muchly knitting but also gorgeous pictures of Greece, where she lives. I wish to go to Greece.
3. Odessa Knits She knits with pretty yarn. And works at (owns?) a yarn shop, so I am jealous.
4. Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts Nessa is completely delightful, very friendly, and does some nice crafts. Her blog is a lovely blend of crafts and life and other stuff.
5. Aunt Peaches She does many different crafts and has a delightfully quirky sense of humor. I always look forward to her posts!
6. Mich L. in LA Mich’s blog is one of my favorites, full of quirky and cute jewelry tutorials and giveaways and contests.
7. Kitschy Coo Sewing, fabric, Scotland, snark, kids, and daily life. Also hilarity.
I think seven is good. I follow a lot of blogs (I have 213 in my Google Reader account. Some are no longer active or are updated infrequently, but I usually have about 80 posts a day to sift through) so I forget which ones were added when. If you haven’t already (I think I linked Finny during the last blog week?) please do click through and add some delightful blogs to your reading list.