I finished my Cavern Cardigan, button and all, in about a week and a half. The thing knit up EXTREMELY quickly.

Photobucket

Specs:

Pattern: Cavern Cardigan from Cosmicpluto.
Needles: US 7/4.5mm 29″ circular and dpns.
Yarn: Almost exactly three skeins of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease
Modifications: Fewer raglan increases, fewer increases for the fronts, probably lengthened the body and the sleeves, changed the ties to a button/button flap.

Photobucket Photobucket

I really like how this came out, actually. I originally did the sleeves too short, so I ripped them back and made them longer, and now they fit perfectly. I love how it looks on me, and the cotton/acrylic blend is nice and light, perfect for cool spring/summer evenings. It’s just long enough and fits well across the bust. I think I am going to get a lot of wear out of this one. : ) And because I am a poor college student, I would certainly use cotton-ease again.

So now that this is finished, I need another sweater on the needles. I have a few patterns I’m considering, including the Climbing Vines Pullover from the Winter 08 Interweave Knits. That’ll probably be my next sweater project, in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes.

Speaking of sweaters: Around various blogs and Ravelry, I’ve seen reference to this knitting challenge, which is to knit a sweater for every month. I’ve decided this will be my goal. Here’s what I’ve done for this year so far:

January: Corona/Talia (I did them both in January)
February: Burgandy (Cable Cardi from Knit Simple)
March: Spring Cardi (Hey Teach)
April: Lime (I finished it in April. It counts).

I just placed a huge (almost $70) order from Knit Picks for enough Wool of the Andes to knit the Climbing Vines Pullover (in Lake Ice Heather, a lovely grey color). I also ordered a bunch of Comfy as well as a couple balls of a different color of WotA, some Palette for a shawl, and some knitting needles. Squee.

Advertisements