So I finished that sweater I’d been working on. It went pretty quickly, actually, and I’m super pleased with the result.
Pattern: None, I made it up as I went.
Yarn: Recycled hand dyed (by me) merino. About a sport or dk weight.
Needles: US 6/4 mm
For those playing along at home, this is my third sweater in my yearly sweater a month challenge. I’m a month behind, but seeing as I don’t actually need twelve sweaters, that’s okay.
I do quite like this sweater though. I’ve worn it every day since I finished it. It’s really comfortable and fits really well. There are a couple of things I’d do differently a second time around (which there won’t be, but you know). I’d do more plain rounds before starting the yoke. The pattern is kind of in my armpit and if I don’t lay it just right, it cuts me right across the nipple line, which I think is super unflattering.
Someone will probably ask, so no, I can’t write up the pattern. It’s a really simple round yoked pattern with a lace bit. The lace is Roman Arches from the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns, but it’s basically just an arrowhead pattern without the rest rows. no special yoke shaping, just work three repeats then k1, k2tog around, repeat three times. Plus I fudged the numbers after each decrease row.
I have since started another sweater, the Sakura Tee from the summer 2012 Interweave Knits. I’m challenging myself to finish it by Saturday so I can wear it to Maryland Sheep and Wool this weekend. It’s gonna be close but I think I can do it.